Sitting in an office chair all day can be quite taxing on your body. If you aren’t careful, it can cause stiffness, aches, and pains.
Taking the load off once in awhile by being able to recline can help ease some of that pain, as you stretch out your poor, overworked, hunched back.
Today we’ll help combat that stiffness built up from basic upright chairs and look at the some of the options for best reclining office chair with footrest. Many chairs recline, but not all of them are fully reclining office chairs, nor do they all have a footrest.
Check out the table of contents below to find what stands out to you. Otherwise, read on to find the chair that will help you kick back, relax, and become more productive at work.
- What Is the Best Reclining Office Chair with Footrest?
- #1.) Duramont Reclining Office Chair (Best Overall)
- #2.) Ticova Executive Reclining Office Chair (Best Big and Tall)
- #3.) Yamasoro Executive Reclining Office Chair (Best Executive)
- #4.) Hbada Gaming Reclining Office Chair (Best Value)
- #5.) RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner (Best without Wheels)
- #6.) Hbada Ergonomic Reclining Office Chair (Best Mesh)
- #7.) SmugDesk Ergonomic Reclining Office Chair (Best Budget)
- Benefits of a Reclining Office Chair
- Final Verdict
What Is the Best Reclining Office Chair with Footrest?
#1.) Duramont Reclining Office Chair (Best Overall)
With its comfortable seat, sturdy footrest, and great recline for sleeping, this Duramont chair wins the best reclining office chair with a footrest. Duramont provides great customer service, backed by a one year warranty.
- Strong Base: This reclining office chair is made of a heavy duty five-wheeled nylon base with durable nylon casters.
- Recline: The chair doesn’t rock, but it does recline from 90 to 155 degrees, and it reclines both with or without the footrest.
- Sturdy Footrest: If you do choose to pop out the cushioned footrest, you’ll find it a comfortably wide, so you can kick back, relax, or take a little nap.
- Heat Adjustable Seat: The padded seat is almost 20 inches wide and deep, and the seat adjusts upwards from 17.5” to a max seat height of 22.5” high.
- Comfortable: With a padded seat and durable bonded leather construction, this chair is quite comfortable to sit in all day. It also features a cushioned headrest, which is not adjustable, but does offer additional support for your neck and head.
- Warranty: The chair is backed by a 1 year warranty and comes with Duramont’s excellent customer service, so if there is a problem, you can feel confident they will take care of it.
- Weight Limit: The max weight limit is 250 pounds, which is really only average as far as office chairs go.
- No Adjustable Armrests: The cushioned armrests are comfortable, but they are unfortunately not adjustable, which could be a problem if you’re shorter and find the armrests too high for comfort.
Who Should Buy It
The 250 pound weight limit may deter some of the bigger and taller users, but if you fit the bill, this is a great option for a reclining office chair with footrest. If you like to recline or just need to take a quick power nap, this is the chair to do it. The sturdy footrest allows you to kick back in complete comfort, while the stylish bonded leather gives you the look of an expensive leather reclining office chair.
#2.) Ticova Executive Reclining Office Chair (Best Big and Tall)
This is the best reclining office chair with a footrest for the big and tall because of its three-sectioned seat back. It looks great but actually functions to keep you as comfortable as possible in the neck, back, and lumbar areas. The footrest retracts to feature a sleek, minimalist look, making it a beautiful addition to any office space.
- Ergonomic Back: The three-section cushioned back is designed to support your head, back, and lumbar for maximum comfort. So while it looks nice, it also serves a practical function. You can also adjust the seat back and lumbar support to your specific needs.
- Cushioned Seat: The cushioned waterfall edge seat is nearly four inches thick, featuring a density foam that is meant to keep its shape over time. The sit is very roomy at almost 22 inches wide by 23 inches deep, made to fit all shapes and sizes.
- Height Adjustable: This chair is height adjustable, but it’s also lower than the others at only 14 inches off the ground at its lowest to 18 inches at its highest.
- Lockable Recline: This extra tall office chair reclines from 90 to 140 degrees and lets you lock that position into place if you need that quick nap or work break.
- Retractable Footrest: The retractable footrest is slightly smaller than the Duramont, but it is sturdy enough so you can fully “kick back” and relax.
- Quiet Wheels: Smooth, quiet caster wheels allow you to move around the room with relative ease and without annoying those around you.
- Stylish Look: This slim-profile chair features a black scratch-proof PU leather, which is more durable than the bonded leather found on other office chairs.
- Good Support: This chair holds more weight than the average office chair, supporting up to 300 pounds.
- Warranty: This ergonomic reclining office chair comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1 year warranty and sales service.
- Runs Hot: The PU leather holds up to use but isn’t as breathable and can be hot when used for long periods of time.
- Armrests: Although the armrests are rather substantial and padded, they don’t adjust to your height.
Who Should Buy It
If you like reclining in your office chair and love to kick your feet up, this is an excellent option. It looks good but doesn’t take up a lot of visual space. It also made our best big and tall office chair list. If you’re under 300 pounds and don’t need a cooling chair, this could be perfect for you.
#3.) Yamasoro Executive Reclining Office Chair (Best Executive)
This is a great-looking executive reclining office chair with its durable PU leather finish, thick footrest, and cool colors. It holds more weight than the average chair and adjusts to fit your height and comfort.
- Design: The scratchproof PU leather looks sharp longer and holds up to constant wear and tear. The black color also comes with a partly mesh back, for a little more breathability.
- Cushioned Seat: The thick padded seat cushion is over 4 inches thick and measures a wide 21 inches by 20 inches deep, which isn’t as big as the Ticova, but it’s larger than the Duramont.
- Thick Footrest: The roomy padded footrest is about the same size as the others, but it offers nearly four inches of thick padding.
- Good Support: The chair holds up to 280 pounds, more than the average 250 if you find yourself right around that range.
- Adjustable Height: The seat adjusts from 18 to 21 inches, about the standard height.
- Good Recline: The chair reclines from 90 to 130 degrees, which is nice for a little stretch break from work.
- Warranty: This also comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Multiple Colors: The chair comes in black, a more stylized black with white trim, and a crisp white with black trim if you want something besides the more traditional black.
- Seat Cushion: The seat cushion, though thick, isn’t as soft. It’s probably better suited for people who like a firmer seat.
- Runs Hot: It’s faux leather, so it’s not going to be as breathable as a mesh chair.
- Flimsy Armrests: The armrests feel a little flimsy and less secure than the other chairs.
- Difficult Assembly: The assembly can be frustrating, so patience will be required for this chair.
Who Should Buy It
If you want the executive look but also need that extra reclining comfort, this is a great PU leather reclining office chair. The white color looks sharp, and the black is a nice fit for any office. The extra mesh the black offers is a nice touch, since most executive chairs are comfortable but not breathable.
#4.) Hbada Gaming Reclining Office Chair (Best Value)
This Hbada ergonomic reclining chair comes in under $200 and is loaded with features, making it one of the best values for the money. Varying lockable recline modes and a comfortable removable headrest go along with the adjustable height, arms, and chair. It looks like a racecar seat but is designed for your comfort.
- Good Recline: The chair locks in at 90, 100, 120, and 155 degrees, which is great for relaxing in any position.
- Rocking Control: Because you can lock in a variety of angles, you can also choose the degree to which your chair is rockable.
- Good Support: This Hbada chair is made of a sturdy metal construction frame, which supports up to 300 pounds and features caster wheels with a 360-degree swivel.
- Nice Design: The chair is wrapped in PU leather, which is more durable and holds up its look over time, so you won’t lose the cool style of this chair.
- Removable Headrest: The soft pillow headrest is removable if you don’t like the feel of it or if it just doesn’t fit your neck properly.
- Lumbar Support: The lumbar support features an adjustable pillow, which is also removable if you can find the fit that’s right for your curves.
- Roomy Seat: The seat is a very comfortable width of nearly 21 inches wide by over 21 inches deep and made of a high density cushioned foam.
- Adjustable Arms: The arms adjust to meet your exact height, comfort, and under desk fit.
- Warranty: This Hbada chair features a 1 year warranty.
- Bad Padding: The padding isn’t as plush as some of the other chairs, making it a bad fit if you like a lot of extra padding.
- Runs Hot: Like the other leather chairs, this isn’t as breathable, which isn’t ideal if you’re prone to overheating.
- Not for Tall People: The chair doesn’t sit very high above the ground and only raises two inches,making it more ideal for those under six feet tall.
Who Should Buy It
If you’re under six feet tall and want a great-looking racing style chair at a great price, this is it. The adjustable headrest, lumbar support, arms, and chair height make this a really great option for a reclining office chair with a footrest. Although it has a roomy seat, it’s a great value if you’re not looking for a chair for a larger person.
#5.) RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner (Best without Wheels)
This is designed as a gaming chair, but it can be used as an office chair if you don’t need the wheels to roll around. (Here are some other great office chairs without wheels.) It’s worth a look because of its recline function and extra features.
- Drink Holder: Because it’s designed as a gaming chair, the side features a drink holder, which is nice for a quick refresher during work.
- Side Pouch: There is a removable side pouch, which you can use to hold some of your quick-access supplies.
- Continuous Surface: The chair is specifically designed so that there are no open spaces that will catch your wires, which is great if you want to recline and work.
- Nice Recline: The chair reclines 135 degrees so you can nap or relax, and it’s 360 degree swivel base still allows you to grab things you need, despite the lack of wheels.
- Warranty: This chair comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Good Support: The chair holds up to 275 pounds, slightly more than the average.
- Plush Headrest: The headrest features a soft removable pillow with segmented padding for ultimate comfort while you work.
- Cool Design: The chair comes in a variety of colors, including all black, black with blue trim, black with red trim, black with white trim, and black with gray trim.
- Chair Material: The vinyl material on this chair doesn’t feel as soft or nice as the other chairs listed here.
- Not Breathable: This can be hot when used for long periods of time.
- No Adjustable Height: The chair doesn’t adjust to your height, so you’re stuck with the way it comes. It also sits quite low at just over 17 inches off the ground.
Who Should Buy It
If you want the recline but don’t need the wheels to move around, this is a really slick-looking option. The recline comes out easily with the pull of a lever, and the drink and side pouches make it great for adding whatever you need to quickly access, since you can’t roll back in this chair.
#6.) Hbada Ergonomic Reclining Office Chair (Best Mesh)
With a 155 degree tilt, adjustable headrest, and breathable mesh back, this ergonomic reclining office chair is perfect for a mid-day nap! The design of this Hbada chair is sleek and minimal, despite the abundance of features. It boasts an adjustable seat, adjustable arms, and a breathable mesh backing, making this the best mesh reclining office chair with footrest.
- Breathable Mesh: The nylon breathable mesh material is designed to keep you cool throughout the day.
- Adjustable Headrest: The headrest is adjustable up to 30 degrees so you can modify it to find the perfect fit for your neck.
- Nap Mode Recline: The 155 degree recline makes this a great chair for power naps or little stretch breaks.
- Lumbar Support: The durable steel frame supports a cushioned back with a built-in lumbar support.
- Adjustable Seat: The height adjustable chair sits from 17 to a little over 20 inches high.
- Adjustable Arms: The arms are also adjustable and three inches, so you can conform them to your height and preference.
- Quiet Wheels: Scuff-resistant quiet wheels help protect your floor while allowing you freedom to move about the room without making a lot of noise.
- Stylish Design: The Hbada chair’s sharp look comes in both black or a more modern white and black.
- Weight Capacity: The chair only holds up to 250 pounds, a deterrent for some larger users.
- Thin Cushion: Some may find the seat cushion too thin and not as cushioned as other chairs.
- Short Footrest: The pullout footrest looks nice but doesn’t extend far, making it more suited for those under 6 feet tall.
- No Lockable Headrest: The headrest is adjustable and removable, but it doesn’t lock into place, which could be annoying for some.
Who Should Buy It
This mesh reclining office chair would probably be best for people under 6 feet tall because of the shorter footrest. But if you’re not looking for a big and tall chair, like power naps, fully reclining, and slick style, then this chair could be right for you.
#7.) SmugDesk Ergonomic Reclining Office Chair (Best Budget)
If you want a good budget reclining chair with a footrest, this is the one. It has a breathable mesh material, adjustable, headrest, armrest, height, and recline. The footrest is sturdy, and the chair looks good without taking up much visual space, great for smaller rooms.
- Breathable Mesh: This chair is made of breathable mesh materials, designed to keep you cool all day long.
- Adjustable Headrest: This chair features a fully adjustable headrest, nearly a foot wide, so you can find the most comfortable position for your head.
- Adjustable Armrest: The adjustable arms raise four inches, and there’s a rather roomy 21 inches between them so you won’t have to cram into the seat.
- Adjustable Height: The height adjustable seat raises from 17 to 21 inches. The seat isn’t smaller than most featured here, but it’s still fairly spacious at with more than 19 inches of width.
- Adjustable Recline: The height lever can also be pulled in or out to adjust the back recline to your needs.
- Wide Footrest: At 15 inches, it’s the widest of the footrests featured here. It’s also retractable if you do wish to recline without it.
- Warranty: SmugDesk offers a 1 year free replacement on manufacturing defects and a generous 30-day refund policy so you can feel confident when purchasing.
- Support: This chair holds only 250 pounds, making it a bad fit for bigger people.
- Forward Tilt: The positioning of the lumbar support makes you feel like you’re leaning forward ever so slightly, which could be annoying if you’re trying to sit upright and work.
Who Should Buy It
If you’re worried about budget but still want a footrest and peace of mind when ordering, this is a great option. SmugDesk’s warranty and refund policy make mean you can feel more confident in purchasing. If you’re under 250 pounds, like the breathable mesh, and don’t want to break the bank, you should definitely consider this.
Benefits of a Reclining Office Chair
There are many benefits to owning a reclining office chair with footrest as opposed to a standard office chair. And if you work at a desk all day, sometimes it’s just nice to be able to stretch out without abandoning your work. Let’s look at some of the benefits of reclining office chairs.
Help with Blood Circulation
Stretching helps your body’s circulation by increasing blood flow to the muscles. Sitting all day leads to tight, stiff muscles, and a simple stretch can get things moving again. The ability to recline in your chair is a good way to remember to stretch your body without having to stop what you’re doing.
Stress tends to put extra strain and on the muscles, so they start to tighten, which is what leaves you feeling sore and stiff. When you stretch your body, you start to loosen some of the muscles, which can help to alleviate some of that stress.
Pain can come in many forms, but sitting all day often leads to back, shoulder, and neck pain because of the strain we put on our bodies while hunched over the desk. Stretching, though sometimes painful at first, only helps to ease that pain that’s built up. We can forget to stretch every day, though, which is why the recliner is a good option to remind us to lean back and stretch every once in awhile.
When we stretch, our blood gets flowing, and we start to feel better. That feeling can lead to a boost in energy, which can increase productivity. It’s easier to be productive when you feel good.
If you don’t need more than the average 250 pound weight capacity and want to recline in a cushioned, comfortable office chair with a supportive footrest, the best choice is the Duramont Reclining Office Chair. The chair will hold up its look with heavy use and is backed by excellent customer service.
For the best big and tall office chair, look no further than the very stylish Ticova Executive Reclining Office Chair. It boasts an impressive three-cushioned seat back and maintains a very slim profile, which won’t take up so much space in your office. Another great executive reclining office chair is the Yamasoro Executive Reclining Office Chair.